Sunday, November 16, 2008

Connection Drama

I can't get on the internet with my cable modem and after a long wait to talk to someone, I was told to exchange my modem. He says I can do this at any retail location to be found on the Comcast website.

I went to the website to find out where to exchange my modem and there is a list of Walmart stores in there, none of which have anything to do with Comcast.
So
I call again and wait a long time again, but got an address for the closest Comcast store.
Then
I go to this place and exchange the modem. She is annoyed that I forgot the power cord, but I promise to bring it later and she gives me the modem.

Well
I connect the new modem and my computer can not install it with out a disk.

So
I go back to Comcast the next day and get a disk.

Then
I put in the disk and this disk wants to set up my email account.

However
It can not do this task until the modem is installed.

crap

Update:
Someone commented to this post and invited me to email my account information.
I did, and got a call within the hour. After a few minutes of trouble shooting that did not result on me being able to access the internet they are sending someone to the house to check it out.
So
Is someone at Comcast in charge of searching key words and reading blogs looking for posts about themselves?
I don't know, but at least a resolution is possible.
now
I wonder if AT@T reads blogs too, I have been having some issues...hmmmm

4 comments:

Melli said...

UGH! Catch 22... grrrrr...

Lisa said...

Feels like a cat chasing his tail.

ComcastCares1 said...

I apologize for the experience.

Please contact us at the email provided below. We will be happy to assist. Please include the account phone number and a link to this page so that we can assist.

Best Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Melli said...

Weird... but impressive...