Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Work Related: Your Mom Called

So over the weekend this WannaBe Investor tells me he wants to make a cash offer on a foreclosure.
OK, that's fine but then he says he wants to offer 20K on a 50K property.
Clearly he has been watching too much late night TV.

I explain that foreclosures are already marked low to attract attention, very competitive right now and very often go over list price.
Unless he wants to make a serious offer, I can't help him.

Then...yesterday afternoon I get a phone call.
From his Mom.
Why won't I work with her son?

Are you freaking kidding me?

5 comments:

Melli said...

ROFLMBO!!! Did you tell her you WILL if she gives him the other 30K! LOL!!! Oy VEY!

Amber Star said...

I'm stunned and amazed and wondering if he knew his mommy called you.

meemsnyc said...

LOL!!!!

Lisa said...

coughmommasboycoughcough...seriously...$30K below an already reduced property. Just because it's a foreclosure doesn't mean you can steal it. Morons.

Marilynn said...

Some people are just nuts, huh? They think someone is going to let a house go for that little? Even in this market? They need a reality check ... and sonnyboy needs his mommy to hold his hand?? Weird!