Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
I've always had cats around and am no stranger to cat puke.
Rafe in particular seems to have this issue fairly often.
So...I hear him start to make that oh so familar sound and thinking I can get him outside in time,
proceed to pick him up.
OH, that was real smart.
NOW I get to clean cat puke off the wall as WELL as the carpet.
Rafe says.....dumb meowmie!
I think I had forgotten that I even grew up in the disco era until I saw the list for 1978.
I think this is why I was listening to country back then.
You can get your own list from Music Outfitters.
Just put the year you graduated from high school in the search box. Then copy and paste the list into your blog. Strike-out the songs you hated, make bold the ones you liked and leave the rest alone.
Underline and make bold your very favorite song.
1. Shadow Dancing, Andy Gibb
3. You Light Up My Life, Debby Boone
4. Stayin' Alive, Bee Gees
6. How Deep Is Your Love, Bee Gees
7. Baby Come Back, Player
8. (Love Is) Thicker Than Water, Andy Gibb
9. Boogie Oogie Oogie, A Taste Of Honey
10. Three Times A Lady, Commodores
11. Grease, Frankie Valli
12. I Go Crazy, Paul Davis
13. You're The One That I Want, John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
14. Emotion, Samantha Sang
16. Miss You, Rolling Stones
17. Just The Way You Are, Billy Joel
18. With A Little Luck, Wings
19. If I Can't Have You, Yvonne Elliman
20. Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah), Chic
21. Feels So Good, Chuck Mangione
23. Love Is Like Oxygen, Sweet
24. It's A Heartache, Bonnie Tyler
26. Baker Street, Gerry Rafferty
27. Can't Smile Without You, Barry Manilow
28. Too Much, Too Little, Too Late, Johnny Mathis and Deniece Williams
29. Dance With Me, Peter Brown
30. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad, Meat Loaf
31. Jack And Jill, Raydio
32. Take A Chance On Me, Abba
33. Sometimes When We Touch, Dan Hill
34. Last Dance, Donna Summer
35. Hopelessly Devoted To You, Olivia Newton-John
36. Hot Blooded, Foreigner
37. You're In My Heart, Rod Stewart
38. The Closer I Get To You, Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway
39. Dust In The Wind, Kansas
40. Magnet And Steel, Walter Egan
41. Short People, Randy Newman
43. Our Love, Natalie Cole
44. Love Will Find A Way, Pablo Cruise
46. Love Is In The Air, John Paul Young
49. The Groove Line, Heatwave
50. Thunder Island, Jay Ferguson
51. Imaginary Lover, Atlanta Rhythm Section
52. Still The Same, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band
53. My Angel Baby, Toby Beau
54. Disco Inferno, Trammps
55. On Broadway, George Benson
56. Come Sail Away, Styx
57. Back In Love Again, L.T.D.
58. This Time I'm In It For Love, Player
59. You Belong To Me, Carly Simon
61. Blue Bayou, Linda Ronstadt
62. Peg, Steely Dan
64. Shame, Evelyn "Champagne" King
65. Reminiscing, Little River Band
66. Count On Me, Jefferson Starship
68. Hey Deanie, Shaun Cassidy
69. Summer Nights, John Travolta and Olivia Newton-john
70. What's Your Name, Lynyrd Skynyrd
71. Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue, Crystal Gayle
72. Because The Night, Patti Smith
73. Every Kinda People, Robert Palmer
74. Copacabana, Barry Manilow
75. Always And Forever, Heatwave
76. You And I, Rick James
77. Serpentine Fire, Earth, Wind and Fire
78. Sentimental Lady, Bob Welch
79. Falling, LeBlanc and Carr
80. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Santa Esmeralda
81. Bluer Than Blue, Michael Johnson
82. Running On Empty, Jackson Browne
83. Whenever I Call You "Friend", Kenny Loggins
84. Fool (If You Think It's Over), Chris Rea
85. Get Off, Foxy
86. Sweet Talking Woman, Electric Light Orchestra
87. Life's Been Good, Joe Walsh
88. I Love The Night Life, Alicia Bridges
90. It's So Easy, Linda Ronstadt
91. Native New Yorker, Odyssey
92. Flashlight, Parliament
93. Don't Look Back, Boston
94. Turn To Stone, Electric Light Orchestra
95. I Can't Stand The Rain, Eruption
96. Ebony Eyes, Bob Welch
97. The Name Of The Game, Abba
98. We're All Alone, Rita Coolidge
100. Deacon Blues, Steely Dan
Monday, August 29, 2005
Maybe they will have enough middle-aged unemployed Caucasian females already and I won't be needed there....Right!
Sunday, August 28, 2005
I went shoe shopping and I didn't buy any!
Maybe it was because we were shopping for John, he needed new work boots.
Or maybe it's because John was with me and I like to shop for shoes by myself.
Or MAYBE, it was enough to just try on 10 or 12 pairs of really cute sneakers, loafers and mules.
Hey, maybe I can get my fix just trying on shoes and not really buying them.
Now, that is something I never thought about before....:)
Saturday, August 27, 2005
Friday, August 26, 2005
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Sunday, August 21, 2005
First I showed Gelsey how to catch a crab.
She got her fat chicken leg tied on a string.
Once a crab grabbed it tight, her Daddy brought it up in the net
Mr. Crab was well....a little crabby!
Then when PaPa got home he helped her do some
It was not long before she yelled "I GOT ONE"
Gelsey caught the biggest little fish all day!
Saturday, August 20, 2005
Thursday, August 18, 2005
My Dad and his wife, Elaine visited from California this week.
We had a great time doing all the touristy stuff
you never think to do when you live in a cool place.
Of course we took them out for some TexMex!
(The Cadillac Bar, Kemah Boardwalk)
I think we got John mid-bite
We also rode the Bolivar Ferry
I love free activities..:)
Me and Dad
Elaine and I stuck our feet in the Gulf
You can barely see us down there
Hey, Dad how about trying out that ZOOM feature..haha
A beer stop at Pier 21 to see the boats
Dad and Elaine got quite well acquainted with Texas Mosquitoes
And you can't go to the Island without getting your picture
taken at our ugly statue, that's just how it's done here.
They have headed out now, hope we can do it again sometime
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Monday, August 15, 2005
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Saturday, August 13, 2005
I always have lots of opinions on how the tasks could have been better executed, you know?
Martha Stewart will be working with The Donald this coming fall season.
Is it me? Or is that a little wierd?
Read more about Martha doing the Apprentice.
Did I say that?
Friday, August 12, 2005
Today is my last day of the required State Classes and am I glad to be through with them. The classes have been comprised entirely of women, most of which are around my age and like me, looking for a career change. Many of them have college under their belt and will go on from this point to take the state exam and a couple others like me, are required to get 60 hours more education before we are allowed to test. Some of these lucky ladies already have a real estate job waiting and others, like me, have not got that far yet. It was easy to bond with these lovely women, I even found a couple of fellow shoe fanatics.
I wish all of us the best of luck in what the future brings.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
I mean I love to shop anyway, but shopping online can be such an adventure.
I seldom look at shoes though, since I like to try those on.
What's funny with all the on-line shopping I do, I seldom actually buy anything,
I just shop.
It's sort of like window shopping, except you can shop in your pyjama's wearing fuzzy houseshoes with a cat on your lap.
This is one of my new favorite stores.
It's like an auction, except you don't really know what you are buying....
How fun is that!
I've yet to buy anything, but every day I am tempted especially if the item is really cheap.
Maybe I will do my Christmas shopping here.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Gabrielle made this look so easy!
Maybe if I had some of her expensive stilettoes.
I could dig in and get up this hell, I mean hill.
I hope I do not dump myself and the mower in the canal.
I'll be glad when John is not working so many hours.
This is a guy thing for sure.
Monday, August 08, 2005
I think that is pretty darn amazing considering I have to pass by two huge malls filled with shoe stores, A DSW Shoe warehouse AND a Factory Shoes Outlet on my way home from Real Estate School every day.
Now, clearly I do not need any shoes while I am not even employed.
But......that is not the point is it?
The point is that I LOVE shoes.
My first thought each day is what shoes should I wear.
I'm addicted to shoes, I admit it.
I even got a little giddy typing the word shoes in the subject line just now.
That's why I used the word shoes so many times in this post.
I'm thinking I deserve a reward for going so long
without buying shoes, dammit!
And I'm thinking that reward should be.......
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Rhett caught a lizzard, like IN the house.
It was a tiny little thing and ran out from under the dishwasher.
At first I thought it was a bug, but then I saw its wiggling tail on the floor.
I knew lizzard's tails fell off, but I didn't know they wiggled.
He took off downstairs with the rest of it and well, you can guess the rest.
Like the fabric and curtain rods in the Hancock Fabric bag waiting to become drapes.
Like the Sunflower wallpaper I stashed under the sink waiting to be put on the kitchen walls.
Like the mounds of pictures in the drawer that would look so nice framed and hung somewhere.
Like the Real Estate Contracts text book I should be reading instead of setting up this blog.
Hmmm......I guess I AM a procrastinator after all.
Feel free to comment about your OWN procrastinations, then I will less guilty.
(just click "comments" below)
I called it "No Deep Thoughts" as I plan to keep this diary light-hearted and fun.
I am still setting it up, but hope to have my own graphics here soon as well as a bio and all that cool stuff that "real" bloggers have.
I hope my friends and family will book mark this page, visit often, feel free to make comments and join in discussions as they come up.
My on-line time is limited these days and I thought this might be a fun way to keep in touch.