Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Encyclopedias: A thing of the Past



So I am going through some old boxes of books and stuff and ran across a very nice and gently used encylopdedia set. This particular set is from 1989, purchased when the kids were in elementry school for the purpose of doing homework assignments. I don't suppose kids even use encylopedias anymore now that instant knowledge is available on the net. I remember as a kid doing a report and digging through these huge and mysterious books of great knowledge. It didn't seem to matter if the information was a little outdated, after all we didn't have the constantly updated WWW back then, did we? I wonder if kids would even recognize the word? I just ran my spell check on this post and it tried to replace "encyclopedia" with "enclaves".
Now, that's just wierd.

No comments: